Twin Valley Alliance Church
Our Statement of Faith
1. There is one God, Who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures. He is now at the right hand of the Majesty on high as our great High Priest. He will come again to establish His kingdom of righteousness and peace.
3. The Holy Spirit is a divine Person, sent to indwell, guide, teach, empower the believer, and to convince the world of sin, or righteousness, and of judgement.
4. The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.
5. Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God: he fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All men are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. The prospect of the impenitent and unbelieving person is existence forever in conscious torment, and that of the believer in Christ, is to have everlasting joy and bliss.
6. Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men; and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God.
7. It is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and be sanctified wholly, being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to the will of God, thereby receiving power for holy living and effective service. This is both a crisis and a progressive experience wrought in the life of the believer subsequent to conversion.
8. Provision is made in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ for the healing of the mortal body. Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil are taught in the Scriptures and are privileges for the Church in this present age.
9. The Church consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church, which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations.
10. The local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, edification through the Word of God, prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the gospel, and observance of the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
11. There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life; for the latter, a resurrection unto judgement.
12. The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent and will be personal, visible, and pre-millennial. This is the believer’s blessed hope and is a vital truth which is an incentive to holy living and faithful service.
Our Core Values
1. Lost people matter to God. He wants them found. (Luke 19:10)
2. Prayer is the primary work of God’s people. (Philippians 4:6-7)
3. Everything we have belongs to God. We are his stewards. (1 Chronicles 29:14)
4. Knowing and obeying God’s Word is fundamental to all true success. (Joshua 1:8)
5. Completing the Great Commission will require the mobilization of every fully devoted disciple. (Matthew 28:19)
6. Without the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, we can accomplish nothing. (1 Corinthians 2:4-5)
7. Achieving God’s purposes means taking faith-filled risks. This always involves change. (Hebrew 11:6)
Our IMPACT Statement
At Twin Valley Alliance we have adopted this “IMPACT Statement” as an expression of what we believe are the essential areas where God would have us to concentrate our efforts as a church in order that we might have an impact for the kingdom of God in our community and beyond.
"With God’s help, we, the Twin Valley Alliance Church, will be guided by the Word of God and empowered by the Spirit of God to have a kingdom IMPACT in the Williams Valley and around the world.”
I Instructing in God’s Word
M Mobilizing for ministry
P Praying with faith
A Adoring God in worship
C Caring for one another
T Telling others the gospel